Book Resources from the QVCC Library
To access electronic books from home, use your myCommnet login. If you need help with research, please contact the library.
Find Print Books
Print Books & DVDs in our collections and at other libraries in CT.
Collections of eBooks and e-Reference Books.
More than 84,000 ebooks in all subject areas.
More than 120,000 ebooks in all subject areas, from EbscoHost.
628 e-reference books in all subject areas. Use instead of Wikipedia for quick information.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
334 e-reference books in all subject areas. Use instead of Wikipedia for longer reference articles.
Oxford Digital Reference Shelf
50 e-reference books, various subject areas.
The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica, including news and multimedia. Updated daily.
Britannica’s Original Sources
Original (primary) source documents in a wide range of subject areas.
Find eBooks on the Internet
- Bartleby.com – Great Books Online - Public domain books in a range of subject areas.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Career information from the Department of Labor
- Project Gutenberg – Over 30,000 public domain books in a range of subject areas.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States – The National Data Book; lots of stats
- World Factbook – Information about 266 world governments
last update: 05/20/13 by michael lynch