Book Resources from the QVCC Library
To access eBook collections, click on the database title. From home, use your Banner ID to log-in. If you need help with research, please contact the library.
Find Print Books
Print Books & DVDs in our collections and at other libraries in CT.
Collections of eBooks and e-Reference Books.
More than 88,000 ebooks in all subject areas.
More than 120,000 ebooks in all subject areas, from EbscoHost.
630+ e-reference books in all subject areas. Use instead of Wikipedia for quick information.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
275 e-reference books in all subject areas. Use instead of Wikipedia for longer reference articles.
Oxford Digital Reference Shelf
50 e-reference books, various subject areas.
The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica, including news and multimedia. Updated daily.
Britannica’s Original Sources
Original (primary) source documents in a wide range of subject areas.
Find eBooks on the Internet
- Bartleby.com – Great Books Online - Public domain books in a range of subject areas.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Career information from the Department of Labor
- Project Gutenberg – Over 30,000 public domain books in a range of subject areas.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States – The National Data Book; lots of stats
- World Factbook – Information about 266 world governments
last update: 07/16/13 by michael lynch